Can't install Lightening once I download it.

Can't install Lightening once I download it.

lindimp53
It download as an .xpi file. I don't know what to do after I download it. Windows asks which program do I want to use.

Re: Can't install Lightening once I download it.

Stefan Sitter
[hidden email] wrote:
> It download as an .xpi file. I don't know what to do after I download
> it. Windows asks which program do I want to use.

Lightning is an extension for Mozilla Thunderbird. See the following
link for instructions on how to install an extension in Thunderbird:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-add-ons-frequently-asked-questions#w_how-do-i-install-an-add-on

/Stefan

On 7/24/17 10:07 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> It download as an .xpi file. I don't know what to do after I download it. Windows asks which program do I want to use.

https://support.mozilla.org/kb/installing-addon-thunderbird

Re: Can't install Lightening once I download it.

Keith Nuttle
On 7/24/2017 4:20 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:
>> It download as an .xpi file. I don't know what to do after I download it. Windows asks which program do I want to use.
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/kb/installing-addon-thunderbird

What version of Thunderbird are you installing?

In the last several version of TB, Lightning was install as part of the
TB installation.

If you have added TB with out Lightning make sure you have the correct
version of Lightning for the version of TB that you have.   It is my
understanding that the are a matched set.