Creating an event with no reminder still has a reminder

Creating an event with no reminder still has a reminder

Pierre D-5
Using TB 52.5.0 with the associated Lightning (but the issue has been around for many
versions). Win10 Pro x64 with Fall Creators Update, but it was happening on earlier
versions of Windows as well.

I create a new event, set the Reminder to "No reminder" and save the event. I then
reopen the event and the reminder is set to 10 minutes before start, which is not my
default reminder time by the way. I can set it again to "No Reminder" and it sticks
the second time around.

I set events to "No Reminder" mostly for All Day events but sometimes for specific
events too, when I just need to have an entry in the calendar but don't need the
reminder.

Can anyone else reproduce this problem? Is it a known issue?
Thanks.

Pierre

Re: Creating an event with no reminder still has a reminder

Stefan Sitter
Pierre D wrote:

> Using TB 52.5.0 with the associated Lightning (but the issue has been
> around for many versions). Win10 Pro x64 with Fall Creators Update, but
> it was happening on earlier versions of Windows as well.
>
> I create a new event, set the Reminder to "No reminder" and save the
> event. I then reopen the event and the reminder is set to 10 minutes
> before start, which is not my default reminder time by the way. I can
> set it again to "No Reminder" and it sticks the second time around.
>
> I set events to "No Reminder" mostly for All Day events but sometimes
> for specific events too, when I just need to have an entry in the
> calendar but don't need the reminder.
>
> Can anyone else reproduce this problem? Is it a known issue?
> Thanks.
>
> Pierre

Hello Pierre,

are you using Google Calendar to store your events?

Google Calendar will always add a reminder to new events if this option
is enabled in the Google Calendar web interface for the calendar,
ignoring your decision in Lightning to not add a reminder.

/Stefan