Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

ollivier.milhavet
Hello,

Running Lighting 5.4.2 with TB 52.2.0

I got a problem with reminders linked to the upgrade to 5.4. The problem was absent on Lighting 4.7.8 and i could rerpoduce it on a different computer.

On calendar. Right-click > New event.
Got the pop-up window.
Under reminder at the bottom in the scrolling menu "Default reminder" has disappear. Instead we have "No reminder".
Under this condition I never have new events created with the default reminder from google agenda. Terribly annoying !!

Just upgrading with everything working great, created the bug !

I hope yu can fix that !!

Keep up the good work !

Ollivier

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

WaltS48-4
On 6/19/17 1:22 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running Lighting 5.4.2 with TB 52.2.0
>
> I got a problem with reminders linked to the upgrade to 5.4. The problem was absent on Lighting 4.7.8 and i could rerpoduce it on a different computer.
>
> On calendar. Right-click > New event.
> Got the pop-up window.
> Under reminder at the bottom in the scrolling menu "Default reminder" has disappear. Instead we have "No reminder".
> Under this condition I never have new events created with the default reminder from google agenda. Terribly annoying !!
>
> Just upgrading with everything working great, created the bug !
>
> I hope yu can fix that !!
>
> Keep up the good work !
>
> Ollivier

Sorry, I don't use Google calendar.

In Thunderbird, looking at Option/Preferences > Calendar > Reminders, do
you have "Default reminder setting for events" set to "On"?

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

ollivier.milhavet

> Sorry, I don't use Google calendar.
>
> In Thunderbird, looking at Option/Preferences > Calendar > Reminders, do
> you have "Default reminder setting for events" set to "On"?
>
> --
> Go Bucs!
> Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
> National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
> Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

No I dont because if I do that I have the "default reminder" from Lighting and no sync w/ Google agenda.
Anyway...If I do set it "on" I still dont have the "default reminder" option on the scrolling menu.

On 6/19/17 1:51 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

>> Sorry, I don't use Google calendar.
>>
>> In Thunderbird, looking at Option/Preferences > Calendar > Reminders, do
>> you have "Default reminder setting for events" set to "On"?
>>

> No I dont because if I do that I have the "default reminder" from Lighting and no sync w/ Google agenda.
> Anyway...If I do set it "on" I still dont have the "default reminder" option on the scrolling menu.

Must be a Google calendar setting then.

Sorry, I can't help with that.

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

ollivier.milhavet

> Must be a Google calendar setting then.
>
> Sorry, I can't help with that.
>
> --
> Go Bucs!
> Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
> National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
> Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

I dont think so...
It is an option from the new event menu that has disapear. Nothing has changed on Google agenda side. The bug appeared just after moving to TB 52.2.0.
Morever, when i look in the prefs at "calendar.registry..settings.defaultReminders" the instructions are never followed as it was before. Why this ?

On 06/20/2017 06:47 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

>> Must be a Google calendar setting then.
>>
>> Sorry, I can't help with that.
>>

> I dont think so...
> It is an option from the new event menu that has disapear. Nothing has changed on Google agenda side. The bug appeared just after moving to TB 52.2.0.
> Morever, when i look in the prefs at "calendar.registry..settings.defaultReminders" the instructions are never followed as it was before. Why this ?

Still using Thunderbird 52.1.1 with Lightning 5.4.1.1 here on my Ubuntu
system and "No reminder" is what appears for Reminder: when I go to
create a new event.

I don't recall ever seeing "Default reminder" in the drop down list.

How do you determine length of the default reminder?

I'll switch to my Windows 10 notebook and have a look.

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

ollivier.milhavet

> Still using Thunderbird 52.1.1 with Lightning 5.4.1.1 here on my Ubuntu
> system and "No reminder" is what appears for Reminder: when I go to
> create a new event.
>
> I don't recall ever seeing "Default reminder" in the drop down list.
>
> How do you determine length of the default reminder?
>
> I'll switch to my Windows 10 notebook and have a look.

Hello,

I had the "default reminder" option on Lightning 4.7.8 and I think it was TB 45.8.0. Then I got 2TB updates in a row to reach TB 52.2.0 and Lightning 5.4 and the problem appeared. I experienced that on 3 different comp (1 at work, 2 personnal, all windows 7)

Before the problem, default reminder was acquired from google agenda (although u could edit it from config editor). For example, in the config editor mine reads: calendar.registry.xxx.settings.defaultReminders;[{"method":"popup","minutes":15},{"method":"popup","minutes":120},{"method":"email","minutes":2160},{"method":"email","minutes":240}]
But this is now never applied when I create a new event while it perfectly was before.

Thans a lot for your help !!!

On 6/19/2017 1:22 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running Lighting 5.4.2 with TB 52.2.0
>
> I got a problem with reminders linked to the upgrade to 5.4. The problem was absent on Lighting 4.7.8 and i could rerpoduce it on a different computer.
>
> On calendar. Right-click > New event.
> Got the pop-up window.
> Under reminder at the bottom in the scrolling menu "Default reminder" has disappear. Instead we have "No reminder".
> Under this condition I never have new events created with the default reminder from google agenda. Terribly annoying !!
>
> Just upgrading with everything working great, created the bug !
>
> I hope yu can fix that !!
>
> Keep up the good work !
>
> Ollivier

I see the same using Thunderbird 52.2.0 with Lightning 5.4.2 on Windows
10 "No reminder", as I do with my Linux setup.

When I turn ON "Default reminder setting for events" in Options >
Calendar > Reminders, I get the "Default time a reminder is set before
an event" as the first entry in the drop down menu. That would be "15
minutes before" as currently configured.

I'll test TB 45 and Lightning 4.7.8 next, even though I know I have
never seen "Default reminder" as a menu selection.

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

ollivier.milhavet

> I see the same using Thunderbird 52.2.0 with Lightning 5.4.2 on Windows
> 10 "No reminder", as I do with my Linux setup.
>
> When I turn ON "Default reminder setting for events" in Options >
> Calendar > Reminders, I get the "Default time a reminder is set before
> an event" as the first entry in the drop down menu. That would be "15
> minutes before" as currently configured.
>
> I'll test TB 45 and Lightning 4.7.8 next, even though I know I have
> never seen "Default reminder" as a menu selection.

Argh...Believe me it worked perfect for years ! I double checked I have the "default reminder" in the menu when going back home yesterday !...

When I turn on default reminder and do what you do, i have the same result ! But I want the reminders settings from google agenda just like it was before.

One more thing. I tried to reset the config editor entry calendar.registry.xxx.settings.defaultReminders;[{"method":"popup","minutes":15},{"method":"popup","minutes":120},{"method":"email","minutes":2160},{"method":"email","minutes":240}]
After TB restart the netry come back the same. It means to me that it is perfectly read from google agenda but not applied. How this is possible ?

cu

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

WaltS48-4
On 6/19/2017 1:22 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running Lighting 5.4.2 with TB 52.2.0
>
> I got a problem with reminders linked to the upgrade to 5.4. The problem was absent on Lighting 4.7.8 and i could rerpoduce it on a different computer.
>
> On calendar. Right-click > New event.
> Got the pop-up window.
> Under reminder at the bottom in the scrolling menu "Default reminder" has disappear. Instead we have "No reminder".
> Under this condition I never have new events created with the default reminder from google agenda. Terribly annoying !!
>
> Just upgrading with everything working great, created the bug !
>
> I hope yu can fix that !!
>
> Keep up the good work !
>
> Ollivier

No "Default reminder" in the drop down using Thunderbird 45.8.0 with
Lightning 4.7.8 here on Windows 10.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/45.8.0

Maybe you have an extension that provided that for you and it stopped
working.

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

ollivier.milhavet

> No "Default reminder" in the drop down using Thunderbird 45.8.0 with
> Lightning 4.7.8 here on Windows 10.
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101
> Thunderbird/45.8.0
>
> Maybe you have an extension that provided that for you and it stopped
> working.

That's really weird.......

Maybe we can then change the question (in relation with my previous post): how to get the default reminder set on google agenda when creating a new event on Lightning ? (as this was possible before)

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

ollivier.milhavet
Me again,

I was thinking about your last point and the fact that you dont use Google Agenda.

Maybe it is due to the extension Provider for Google Calendar.

I will try to check that !

cu

On 6/20/2017 10:28 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

>> Still using Thunderbird 52.1.1 with Lightning 5.4.1.1 here on my Ubuntu
>> system and "No reminder" is what appears for Reminder: when I go to
>> create a new event.
>>
>> I don't recall ever seeing "Default reminder" in the drop down list.
>>
>> How do you determine length of the default reminder?
>>
>> I'll switch to my Windows 10 notebook and have a look.
>
> Hello,
>
> I had the "default reminder" option on Lightning 4.7.8 and I think it was TB 45.8.0. Then I got 2TB updates in a row to reach TB 52.2.0 and Lightning 5.4 and the problem appeared. I experienced that on 3 different comp (1 at work, 2 personnal, all windows 7)
>
> Before the problem, default reminder was acquired from google agenda (although u could edit it from config editor). For example, in the config editor mine reads: calendar.registry.xxx.settings.defaultReminders;[{"method":"popup","minutes":15},{"method":"popup","minutes":120},{"method":"email","minutes":2160},{"method":"email","minutes":240}]
> But this is now never applied when I create a new event while it perfectly was before.
>
> Thans a lot for your help !!!

I don't have any of those prefs in my Configuration.

Maybe you need to update Provider for Google Calendar to version 3.3?

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Windows 10

Re: Default reminder disapeared ! (Lighting 5.4.2)

ollivier.milhavet

> I don't have any of those prefs in my Configuration.
>
> Maybe you need to update Provider for Google Calendar to version 3.3?
>
> --
> Visit Pittsburgh <http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
> Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
> Windows 10

I already had Provider 3.3.
I have posted on Provider group to get some answers.
Thanks for your help !