Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

merenda.jason
 Using Thunderbird/Lightning on Ubuntu 16.04. There was an update pushed last week ending May 20th to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4. When I right click to create a new event or task the dialogue box is grayed out. Any ideas?
_______________________________________________
support-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

WaltS48-4
On 05/22/2017 03:10 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>   Using Thunderbird/Lightning on Ubuntu 16.04. There was an update pushed last week ending May 20th to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4. When I right click to create a new event or task the dialogue box is grayed out. Any ideas?


Is this a network or calendar on your computer?

Using Lightning 5.4.1.1, in Thunderbird 52.1.1, on Ubuntu 16.04 I have
no problem creating an Event  by right clicking in a day of the
Calendar, and selecting New Event.

My calendars are all on my computer.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.1.1 ID:20170510141111 CSet: Undefined

Lightning 5.4.1.1
Messaging Menu and Unity Launcher integration 1.3.1
Nightly Tester Tools 3.10
Provider for Google Calendar 3.3

_______________________________________________
support-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

merenda.jason
In reply to this post by merenda.jason
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 3:33:25 PM UTC-4, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 05/22/2017 03:10 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >   Using Thunderbird/Lightning on Ubuntu 16.04. There was an update pushed last week ending May 20th to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4. When I right click to create a new event or task the dialogue box is grayed out. Any ideas?
>
>
> Is this a network or calendar on your computer?
>
> Using Lightning 5.4.1.1, in Thunderbird 52.1.1, on Ubuntu 16.04 I have
> no problem creating an Event  by right clicking in a day of the
> Calendar, and selecting New Event.
>
> My calendars are all on my computer.
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
> Thunderbird/52.1.1 ID:20170510141111 CSet: Undefined
>
> Lightning 5.4.1.1
> Messaging Menu and Unity Launcher integration 1.3.1
> Nightly Tester Tools 3.10
> Provider for Google Calendar 3.3

Hello Walt,

Mine is a network calendar. I could try to remove it and see if the computer only calendar works.
_______________________________________________
support-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

ariel.churi
In reply to this post by merenda.jason
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 3:11:23 PM UTC-4, [hidden email] wrote:
> Using Thunderbird/Lightning on Ubuntu 16.04. There was an update pushed last week ending May 20th to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4. When I right click to create a new event or task the dialogue box is grayed out. Any ideas?

I have the same issue with my webdav calendars.
_______________________________________________
support-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

tiggerjoe.geo
In reply to this post by merenda.jason
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 3:11:23 PM UTC-4, [hidden email] wrote:
> Using Thunderbird/Lightning on Ubuntu 16.04. There was an update pushed last week ending May 20th to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4. When I right click to create a new event or task the dialogue box is grayed out. Any ideas?

I have the same issue with local and network calendars. Unable to edit existing entries or create new ones. Window is grey but tool bar is visible.
_______________________________________________
support-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

Stefan Sitter
In reply to this post by merenda.jason
[hidden email] wrote:
> I have the same issue with local and network calendars. Unable to
> edit existing entries or create new ones. Window is grey but tool bar
> is visible.

Similar problem was discussed a few days ago in this group. The problem
was caused by the Oracle Beehive Extensions for Thunderbird. Apparently
it is not yet compatible with Lightning 5.4. Are you using this
extension? If yes I'd suggest that you contact the extension author. As
a workaround you could disable the extension or enable the option to
edit events in tab instead of window.

/Stefan
_______________________________________________
support-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

merenda.jason
In reply to this post by merenda.jason
On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 1:48:27 PM UTC-4, Stefan Sitter wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> > I have the same issue with local and network calendars. Unable to
> > edit existing entries or create new ones. Window is grey but tool bar
> > is visible.
>
> Similar problem was discussed a few days ago in this group. The problem
> was caused by the Oracle Beehive Extensions for Thunderbird. Apparently
> it is not yet compatible with Lightning 5.4. Are you using this
> extension? If yes I'd suggest that you contact the extension author. As
> a workaround you could disable the extension or enable the option to
> edit events in tab instead of window.
>
> /Stefan

Hello Stefan

Yes I am actually using that extension. I am using 1.0.0.7.

I will open a service request to get the extension updated hopefully. Do you have any other suggestions?

Jason
_______________________________________________
support-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-calendar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Events/Tasks not working after upgrade to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4

brianramos
In reply to this post by merenda.jason
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 9:11:23 PM UTC+2, [hidden email] wrote:
> Using Thunderbird/Lightning on Ubuntu 16.04. There was an update pushed last week ending May 20th to 52.1.1 and Lightning 5.4. When I right click to create a new event or task the dialogue box is grayed out. Any ideas?

This affects only event and task creation via pop-up dialog.  If you select the option to "Edit events and tasks in a tab instead of in a dialog window." (Tools > Options > Calendar > General), you should be able to create new events and tasks without issue.
_______________________________________________
support-calendar mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-calendar