Lightning 4.7.6 kills Thunderbird 45.6.0

Lightning 4.7.6 kills Thunderbird 45.6.0

Rollo Martins
Dear all

Since the last update to 4.7.6 which was installed here on January 9, Thunderbird 45.6.0. hangs when loading e-mails (IMAP-Server). TB has to be killed via Windows. It is clearly the Lingthning add-on; if I deactivate it (and only Lightning, all other add-ons are still active), TB works flawlessly.

Any suggestions?

Regards and thank you

R.

Re: Lightning 4.7.6 kills Thunderbird 45.6.0

kimberleyc2013
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:18:31 PM UTC, Rollo Martins wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Since the last update to 4.7.6 which was installed here on January 9, Thunderbird 45.6.0. hangs when loading e-mails (IMAP-Server).

I have the same issue, using Fedora 25, TB 45.6.0, L 4.7.6. However, it doesnt hang TB unless I attempt to view the calendar. Also, I have found that I can still see the events in the events panel on the main screen. So im resorting to updating the calendar using my phone, which i can then see in TB. Also, one occasion when I attempted to display the calender, it came up with an XML error... so Im not sure whats going on.

Cheers
Kim.

Re: Lightning 4.7.6 kills Thunderbird 45.6.0

kimberleyc2013
Thats right, if you double click an event in the event panel on the front screen, it shows this error.

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-event-dialog.xul
Line Number 1216, Column 23:                      <checkbox id="notify-attendees-checkbox"

Re: Lightning 4.7.6 kills Thunderbird 45.6.0

kimberleyc2013
And fixed it by downloading lightning from the site and installing over the top of the existing version.

Regards
Kim

Re: Lightning 4.7.6 kills Thunderbird 45.6.0

Graham P Davis
On 13/01/17 10:56, [hidden email] wrote:
> On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:18:31 PM UTC, Rollo Martins wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>> Since the last update to 4.7.6 which was installed here on January 9, Thunderbird 45.6.0. hangs when loading e-mails (IMAP-Server).
>
> I have the same issue, using Fedora 25, TB 45.6.0, L 4.7.6. However, it doesnt hang TB unless I attempt to view the calendar. Also, I have found that I can still see the events in the events panel on the main screen. So im resorting to updating the calendar using my phone, which i can then see in TB. Also, one occasion when I attempted to display the calender, it came up with an XML error... so Im not sure whats going on.

I've got the same mixture of Lightning and TB but so far can see no
problems. Just added a new event to the calendar and it worked fine.
Having said that, I guess Murphy's Law will strike as soon as I send
this but if it does, I'll send a follow-up.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK
OS: Linux: openSUSE 42.2; KDE Plasma 5.8.3; Kernel: 4.4.36

Re: Lightning 4.7.6 kills Thunderbird 45.6.0

Stefan Sitter
On 13.01.2017 13:07, [hidden email] wrote:
> Thats right, if you double click an event in the event panel on the front screen, it shows this error.
>
> XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
> Location: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-event-dialog.xul
> Line Number 1216, Column 23:                      <checkbox id="notify-attendees-checkbox"
>
> cheers
> Kim.

This is a known problem with the Lightning packages that are created by
Fedora. Known solution: Uninstall the Fedora Lightning package and
install the official Lightning package from mozilla.org.

/Stefan