Lightning stopped synching with iCal calendars

Lightning stopped synching with iCal calendars

jaro
This already happened several months ago, and I've been investigating it a while, but I cannot figure out what's wrong. I get errors that I cannot access the calendars and it keeps prompting for my iCloud password. I even changed that now and retried to no avail.

I have originally retrieved the URLs with Daniel Muehlbachlers cmdline tool https://blog.muehlbachler.org/2011/08/how-to-icloud-calendars-with-third-party-software/
and even that one cannot access the calendars any more.

Has anyone else experienced the same and is there any information if Apple has banned these apps (or is it just me) somehow from accessing the calendars?

STF

Re: Lightning stopped synching with iCal calendars

STF
On 2017.08.25 17:26, [hidden email] wrote:
> This already happened several months ago, and I've been investigating it a while, but I cannot figure out what's wrong. I get errors that I cannot access the calendars and it keeps prompting for my iCloud password. I even changed that now and retried to no avail.
>
> I have originally retrieved the URLs with Daniel Muehlbachlers cmdline tool https://blog.muehlbachler.org/2011/08/how-to-icloud-calendars-with-third-party-software/
> and even that one cannot access the calendars any more.
>
> Has anyone else experienced the same and is there any information if Apple has banned these apps (or is it just me) somehow from accessing the calendars?

Have you updated your Thunderbird and thus Lightning?  Current version
of TB is 52.3.0.

At the beginning of August, I also tried to set up CalDAV to my iCloud
account but without any success because I was unable to get the URL.  So
I cannot confirm if Apple has banned Lightning or not.

In the web page you stated (and also found in some other web pages),
it's written that we have to change "calendar.useragent.extra" value.
Have you tried this?  I know Philipp Kewisch had written clearly that we
should not do this, but you could have a try.

More precisely:
- In Thunderbird go to "Options > Advanced > Config Editor..."
- Search for "agent"
- Modify "calendar.useragent.extra" to empty string (or "Lightning"
without quotes)

If this does not work, put back the original value and try the following
to get some log:
- Like steps above, change "calendar.debug.log" and
"calendar.debug.log.verbose" to true
- Open error console by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J

And see what's transferred to and from the server.

Re: Lightning stopped synching with iCal calendars

Claudio ML
Il 25/08/2017 17:26, [hidden email] ha scritto:

> This already happened several months ago, and I've been investigating it a while, but I cannot figure out what's wrong. I get errors that I cannot access the calendars and it keeps prompting for my iCloud password. I even changed that now and retried to no avail.
>
> I have originally retrieved the URLs with Daniel Muehlbachlers cmdline tool https://blog.muehlbachler.org/2011/08/how-to-icloud-calendars-with-third-party-software/
> and even that one cannot access the calendars any more.
>
> Has anyone else experienced the same and is there any information if Apple has banned these apps (or is it just me) somehow from accessing the calendars?

You must use the apple double authentication, then authorize the app to
access. More info here:

https://www.imore.com/how-generate-app-specific-passwords-iphone-ipad-mac

Claudio.