No longer getting calendar or time selection widgets

No longer getting calendar or time selection widgets

Andrew DeFaria-2
Is it just me or did this break? I recall when clicking on the calendar date or time when adding a new event would popup a calendar or time widget to assist in entering the correct date or time. I now no longer get these. I can manually type in the correct info but why did these disappear?

Thunderbird 52.0.1
Ubuntu 16.10

Re: No longer getting calendar or time selection widgets

Christian Riechers-2
On 4/26/17 6:45 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Is it just me or did this break? I recall when clicking on the calendar date or time when adding a new event would popup a calendar or time widget to assist in entering the correct date or time. I now no longer get these. I can manually type in the correct info but why did these disappear?
>
> Thunderbird 52.0.1
> Ubuntu 16.10

I'm seeing the same thing on Win7.
Current workaround is:
View - Message Body As - All Body Parts

Re: No longer getting calendar or time selection widgets

WaltS48-4
On 04/26/2017 12:45 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Is it just me or did this break? I recall when clicking on the calendar date or time when adding a new event would popup a calendar or time widget to assist in entering the correct date or time. I now no longer get these. I can manually type in the correct info but why did these disappear?
>
> Thunderbird 52.0.1
> Ubuntu 16.10

I still have Thunderbird 45.8.0 with Lightning 4.7.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.
They are usually slow on updating.

When I create an event, I see an arrow in the Date and Time fields.
Clicking those expands the widgets.

Do you have Lightning 5.4?

On 4/26/17 10:11 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 04/26/2017 12:45 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>> Is it just me or did this break? I recall when clicking on the
>> calendar date or time when adding a new event would popup a calendar
>> or time widget to assist in entering the correct date or time. I now
>> no longer get these. I can manually type in the correct info but why
>> did these disappear?
>>
>> Thunderbird 52.0.1
>> Ubuntu 16.10
>
> I still have Thunderbird 45.8.0 with Lightning 4.7.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.
> They are usually slow on updating.
>
> When I create an event, I see an arrow in the Date and Time fields.
> Clicking those expands the widgets.
>
> Do you have Lightning 5.4?

There was no such problem with Thunderbird 45.8.0.

Re: No longer getting calendar or time selection widgets

Philipp Kewisch-2
On 4/26/17 10:11 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 04/26/2017 12:45 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>> Is it just me or did this break? I recall when clicking on the
>> calendar date or time when adding a new event would popup a calendar
>> or time widget to assist in entering the correct date or time. I now
>> no longer get these. I can manually type in the correct info but why
>> did these disappear?
>>
>> Thunderbird 52.0.1
>> Ubuntu 16.10
>
> I still have Thunderbird 45.8.0 with Lightning 4.7.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.
> They are usually slow on updating.
>
> When I create an event, I see an arrow in the Date and Time fields.
> Clicking those expands the widgets.
>
> Do you have Lightning 5.4?

Arrow in the date and time fields? Can you post a screenshot? If this is
a bug, go ahead and file one.

Same goes for Andrew, can you provide a screenshot of where the fields
are missing?

Philipp

On 4/26/17 6:34 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:

> On 4/26/17 10:11 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 04/26/2017 12:45 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>>> Is it just me or did this break? I recall when clicking on the
>>> calendar date or time when adding a new event would popup a calendar
>>> or time widget to assist in entering the correct date or time. I now
>>> no longer get these. I can manually type in the correct info but why
>>> did these disappear?
>>>
>>> Thunderbird 52.0.1
>>> Ubuntu 16.10
>> I still have Thunderbird 45.8.0 with Lightning 4.7.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.
>> They are usually slow on updating.
>>
>> When I create an event, I see an arrow in the Date and Time fields.
>> Clicking those expands the widgets.
>>
>> Do you have Lightning 5.4?
>>
> Arrow in the date and time fields? Can you post a screenshot? If this is
> a bug, go ahead and file one.

A triangle?

<http://i.imgur.com/6QzWWjw.png>

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

On 04/27/2017 12:34 AM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:

> On 4/26/17 10:11 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 04/26/2017 12:45 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>>> Is it just me or did this break? I recall when clicking on the
>>> calendar date or time when adding a new event would popup a calendar
>>> or time widget to assist in entering the correct date or time. I now
>>> no longer get these. I can manually type in the correct info but why
>>> did these disappear?
>>>
>>> Thunderbird 52.0.1
>>> Ubuntu 16.10
>>
>> I still have Thunderbird 45.8.0 with Lightning 4.7.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.
>> They are usually slow on updating.
>>
>> When I create an event, I see an arrow in the Date and Time fields.
>> Clicking those expands the widgets.
>>
>> Do you have Lightning 5.4?
>
> Arrow in the date and time fields? Can you post a screenshot? If this is
> a bug, go ahead and file one.
>
> Same goes for Andrew, can you provide a screenshot of where the fields
> are missing?

I'm not 100% sure whether this is what's Andrew seeing, but I guess so:

An invitation is sent from the corporate conferencing system/Exchange
server. The message is a multi-part MIME message, where the VCS/ICS
calendar code is one part.

The problem is, that this part is invisible to Thunderbird 52. As a
result, when opening the invitation, Thunderbird does not show the blue
bar 'This message contains an invitation to an event.', with the
'Accept', 'Decline', and 'More' buttons.

As said before, the workaround is
View - Message Body As - All Body Parts

With this the VCS/ICS calendar code becomes visible, and the blue bar is
shown.
There isn't a problem either when the VCS/ICS calendar code is attached.

So I doubt the problem is with Lightning in the first place, however
this problem was introduced with TB 52.

On 4/28/17 7:10 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:

> On 04/27/2017 12:34 AM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:

>>> I still have Thunderbird 45.8.0 with Lightning 4.7.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.
>>> They are usually slow on updating.
>>>
>>> When I create an event, I see an arrow in the Date and Time fields.
>>> Clicking those expands the widgets.
>>>
>>> Do you have Lightning 5.4?
>>
>> Arrow in the date and time fields? Can you post a screenshot? If this is
>> a bug, go ahead and file one.
>>
>> Same goes for Andrew, can you provide a screenshot of where the fields
>> are missing?
>
> I'm not 100% sure whether this is what's Andrew seeing, but I guess so:
>
> An invitation is sent from the corporate conferencing system/Exchange
> server. The message is a multi-part MIME message, where the VCS/ICS
> calendar code is one part.
>
> The problem is, that this part is invisible to Thunderbird 52. As a
> result, when opening the invitation, Thunderbird does not show the blue
> bar 'This message contains an invitation to an event.', with the
> 'Accept', 'Decline', and 'More' buttons.
>
> As said before, the workaround is
> View - Message Body As - All Body Parts
>
> With this the VCS/ICS calendar code becomes visible, and the blue bar is
> shown.
> There isn't a problem either when the VCS/ICS calendar code is attached.
>
> So I doubt the problem is with Lightning in the first place, however
> this problem was introduced with TB 52.

I recently recall reading a bug on this issue, so I am fairly sure this
case is covered in bugzilla. I'm still confused how this is the same as
the original poster said: "when clicking on the calendar date or time