Opening events in a new tab and then editing them, Ctrl+S does not work

Opening events in a new tab and then editing them, Ctrl+S does not work

k-risc
Since one of the recent versions of Tunderbird, you can configure Lightning to open events in a new tab within the main application window, instead of in a separate window.

If you choose that, Ctrl+S does not seem to work. Meaning: You open the event in a new tab in the main application, you modify it, you press Ctrl+S, but the event is not saved.

This is especially crucial in combination with the bug I just reported before: If you close Thunderbird and you have any event open (no matter whether in a separate window or in a tab within the main application window) and you modified it, and you pressed Ctrl+S in between, due to this bug reported here, the event is not saved. And then, when you close Thunderbird, it detects unsaved events and asks you whether you want to save them, but if you click "Yes" it still does not work.

Re: Opening events in a new tab and then editing them, Ctrl+S does not work

WaltS48-4
On 5/31/17 7:53 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Since one of the recent versions of Tunderbird, you can configure Lightning to open events in a new tab within the main application window, instead of in a separate window.
>
> If you choose that, Ctrl+S does not seem to work. Meaning: You open the event in a new tab in the main application, you modify it, you press Ctrl+S, but the event is not saved.
>
> This is especially crucial in combination with the bug I just reported before: If you close Thunderbird and you have any event open (no matter whether in a separate window or in a tab within the main application window) and you modified it, and you pressed Ctrl+S in between, due to this bug reported here, the event is not saved. And then, when you close Thunderbird, it detects unsaved events and asks you whether you want to save them, but if you click "Yes" it still does not work.

If you enable the Menu Bar when creating an event in a tab, look at
File, you will see that Save and Close doesn't have a key combination
assigned to it.

Ctrl+Shift+S is assigned to Save.

Not sure if Event in a Tab is a finished product.

--
Go Bucs and 2017 Eastern Conference Champion Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>