Re: Tasks Only on Home Calendar?

STF

Re: Tasks Only on Home Calendar?

STF
On 2017.08.15 22:56, [hidden email] wrote:
> I haven't been able to find an answer to this but why can't I make a new task on any calendar except the Home one? Any other calendar says: "Please select a calendar that supports tasks". Is it a Google issue? I can't even colour code the categories either. I'm using Provider for Google Calendar as well.

I'm using CalDAV with Google Calendar and I can confirm that I also have
this problem.

To all fairness, I have never noticed this problem before because I've
always been using calendar events as tasks.  So I wasn't bothered to use
"Task" at all.

However, I have no answer to your questions.  I can only give you some
observations of mine.

* I have another CalDAV-based calendar in another domain (ie not Google)
and I cannot create task with that either.

* In https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/creating-new-calendars
It's written that "Using Thunderbird it's possible to have multiple
calendars. You can create these in *Calendar Mode* or in *Task Mode*."

I've looked everywhere for this "calendar mode" or "task mode" but in
vain.  No idea what this means!

* AFAIK, GMail has abandoned the support of tasks since quite a long
time.  I've just open my Gmail in a browser and can't find where to
create a task.

I don't know, maybe tasks in lightning are only possible in local calendars?

Re: Tasks Only on Home Calendar?

Stefan Sitter
Am 15.08.2017 um 22:56 schrieb [hidden email]:
> I haven't been able to find an answer to this but why can't I make a
> new task on any calendar except the Home one? Any other calendar
> says: "Please select a calendar that supports tasks". Is it a Google
> issue? I can't even colour code the categories either. I'm using
> Provider for Google Calendar as well.

As far as I know you cannot enter tasks in Google Calendar calendars.
This is a limitation of Google Calendar because Google Tasks is
independent from Google Calendar. But if you create a new calendar in
Thunderbird using Provider for Google Calendar you can connect to your
Google Tasks list as well I think. This will add a calendar in Lightning
that supports tasks but not events.

/Stefan