Quantcast

Re: lightning incompatible with default thunderbird version of ubuntu 16.04.2

Re: lightning incompatible with default thunderbird version of ubuntu 16.04.2

Christian Riechers-2
On 03/20/2017 08:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello I tryed to install lightning on a fresh install of ubuntu but it doesn't work with the default thunderbird version of ubuntu 16.04.2 : thunderbird 45.7.0

First of all, Lightning ships with Thunderbird by default. So there
shouldn't be any need to separately install Lightning in the first place.
https://support.mozilla.org/kb/thunderbird-calendar-integration

Whether this also applies for the Ubuntu provided version of Thunderbird
I don't know.

In general, never mix up the vanilla versions of Thunderbird and
Lightning from Mozilla with those provided by your distribution.

> "Le composant binaire nécessaire pour Lightning ne peut pas être
> chargé, probablement en raison d'une mauvaise combinaison de versions.
> Lightning 4.7.4 est installé, mais vous devriez utiliser une version
> de la série 4.7."

Lightning contains binary components, so you cannot use one profile for
both, Linux and Windows.

> I tried to install olders versions of the addon without succes

There is always a dependency on versions. Only use the Lightning version
in connection with the corresponding version of Thunderbird.

There is no point trying arbitrary combinations.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/

Re: lightning incompatible with default thunderbird version of ubuntu 16.04.2

WaltS48-4
On 3/20/17 3:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello I tryed to install lightning on a fresh install of ubuntu but it doesn't work with the default thunderbird version of ubuntu 16.04.2 : thunderbird 45.7.0
>
> "Le composant binaire nécessaire pour Lightning ne peut pas être chargé, probablement en raison d'une mauvaise combinaison de versions. Lightning 4.7.4 est installé, mais vous devriez utiliser une version de la série 4.7."
>
> I tried to install olders versions of the addon without succes
>
> how to solve this please?

Install xul-ext-lightning from Ubuntu.

Run sudo apt-get install xul-ext-lightning in a terminal window.

--
Go Gonzaga!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: lightning incompatible with default thunderbird version of ubuntu 16.04.2

bb4034
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:34:22 AM UTC-5, Cédric Doutriaux wrote:
> Hello I tryed to install lightning on a fresh install of ubuntu but it doesn't work with the default thunderbird version of ubuntu 16.04.2 : thunderbird 45.7.0
>
> "Le composant binaire nécessaire pour Lightning ne peut pas être chargé, probablement en raison d'une mauvaise combinaison de versions. Lightning 4.7.4 est installé, mais vous devriez utiliser une version de la série 4.7."
>
> I tried to install olders versions of the addon without succes
>
> how to solve this please?

it also broke in thunderbird 52, which was just released today. um, help?