Quantcast

Unwanted email invitation sent when copying an event

Unwanted email invitation sent when copying an event

picttk
Hello,
I'm using thunderbird with the lightning module to handle 4 different calendars.
When I receive an invitation to an event, and I "accept" it, it will create an event in one of my agendas. If I copy paste this event into another agenda, thunderbird sends an invitation to all the attendees just like if I had created this event.
Is it possible to prevent this behavior ?
I would like to totally stop sending any kind of email from the lightning module.

Thanks for your help

Re: Unwanted email invitation sent when copying an event

Keith Nuttle
On 1/4/2017 4:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using thunderbird with the lightning module to handle 4 different calendars.
> When I receive an invitation to an event, and I "accept" it, it will create an event in one of my agendas. If I copy paste this event into another agenda, thunderbird sends an invitation to all the attendees just like if I had created this event.
> Is it possible to prevent this behavior ?
> I would like to totally stop sending any kind of email from the lightning module.
>
> Thanks for your help

I don't know how to turn it off but if you say no in the popup about
notifying MS Outlook user (Can not remember exact words) no invitation
will be sent.

Re: Unwanted email invitation sent when copying an event

WaltS48-2
On 01/04/2017 04:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using thunderbird with the lightning module to handle 4 different calendars.
> When I receive an invitation to an event, and I "accept" it, it will create an event in one of my agendas. If I copy paste this event into another agenda, thunderbird sends an invitation to all the attendees just like if I had created this event.
> Is it possible to prevent this behavior ?
> I would like to totally stop sending any kind of email from the lightning module.
>
> Thanks for your help

Don't copy and paste? Just type it in.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Re: Unwanted email invitation sent when copying an event

WaltS48-2
On 01/04/2017 04:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using thunderbird with the lightning module to handle 4 different calendars.
> When I receive an invitation to an event, and I "accept" it, it will create an event in one of my agendas. If I copy paste this event into another agenda, thunderbird sends an invitation to all the attendees just like if I had created this event.
> Is it possible to prevent this behavior ?
> I would like to totally stop sending any kind of email from the lightning module.
>
> Thanks for your help

Open the Event, select the Attendees tab, remove the check mark for
Notify attendees, Save and Close, then copy and paste to the new agenda.

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 5:00:26 PM UTC+1, WaltS48 wrote:
> Open the Event, select the Attendees tab, remove the check mark for
> Notify attendees, Save and Close, then copy and paste to the new agenda.

Hello, thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately this checkbox is ticked and greyed out, I can't uncheck it.

But .. then I realized the invitation is not sent by Lightning .. it comes from my gmail email !
So I think it's more of a google calendar problem .. but on the other hand if I use the "official" google web client to copy / paste this event from one agenda to another one I get a popup which asks me to confirm that I want to send an invitation to attendees.
So I think there is a problem *between* lightning and google agenda, in the way lightning performs the copy / paste action. Google "sees" it as a new event creation in the target agenda and not a "move" from one agenda to another.

... sorry for my bad english btw ...

On 01/05/2017 11:35 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 5:00:26 PM UTC+1, WaltS48 wrote:
>> Open the Event, select the Attendees tab, remove the check mark for
>> Notify attendees, Save and Close, then copy and paste to the new agenda.
> Hello, thanks for your reply.
> Unfortunately this checkbox is ticked and greyed out, I can't uncheck it.
>

> But .. then I realized the invitation is not sent by Lightning .. it comes from my gmail email !
> So I think it's more of a google calendar problem .. but on the other hand if I use the "official" google web client to copy / paste this event from one agenda to another one I get a popup which asks me to confirm that I want to send an invitation to attendees.
> So I think there is a problem *between* lightning and google agenda, in the way lightning performs the copy / paste action. Google "sees" it as a new event creation in the target agenda and not a "move" from one agenda to another.
>
> ... sorry for my bad english btw ...

Sorry I couldn't help, and know nothing about gmail.