changing file path of ics file

buecherk
I had to copy over an old copy of my profile because TB crashes on the recent profile version.

Works for emails. The old profiles had ics calendars stored on a drive letter which does no longer exist.

How can I change the file path for the calendars? The properties dialog does not allow this.
In calendar data in profile, I found only sqlite files.

Only the email part of TB crashed in the recent version, the calendar is ok there. Can I copy over the calnedar data into the restored profile?

thanks,

Klaus

Re: changing file path of ics file

Stefan Sitter
[hidden email] wrote:

> I had to copy over an old copy of my profile because TB crashes on
> the recent profile version.
>
> Works for emails. The old profiles had ics calendars stored on a
> drive letter which does no longer exist.
>
> How can I change the file path for the calendars? The properties
> dialog does not allow this. In calendar data in profile, I found only
> sqlite files.
>
> Only the email part of TB crashed in the recent version, the calendar
> is ok there. Can I copy over the calnedar data into the restored
> profile?

I'd suggest to unsubscribe from the calendar that points to the
unavailable location and to add a new calendar that is subscribed to the
new location.

Re: changing file path of ics file

Keith Nuttle
On 10/5/2017 3:42 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I had to copy over an old copy of my profile because TB crashes on the recent profile version.
>
> Works for emails. The old profiles had ics calendars stored on a drive letter which does no longer exist.
>
> How can I change the file path for the calendars? The properties dialog does not allow this.
> In calendar data in profile, I found only sqlite files.
>
> Only the email part of TB crashed in the recent version, the calendar is ok there. Can I copy over the calnedar data into the restored profile?
>
> thanks,
>
> Klaus

Assuming that the old Lightning was the same version as the new, or  the
versions are close.

Go to  the old profile, and find the folder Calendar-data

C:\Users\username
\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\0lhyq3ca.default\Calendar-data

In the new profile find the equivalent folder.   \Calendar-data

Copy the contents, files and folders, of the Calendar-data from the old
profile to the Calendar-data folder in the new profile.

Make sure you over write the file in the new profiles with the files in
the old folder.   I usually delete the files and folder in the new
profile Calendar-data before I copy the files from the old profile.

I use this method to keep the calendar on my tablet out to data.