notify attendees is grey out on a shared calendar

notify attendees is grey out on a shared calendar

gstlouis
I have Thunderbird 52.3 and lightning 5.4.3. I have a shared calendar ( Baikal ) I use that is synched and when creating an event, if my shared calendar is chosen I have Notify Attendees along with Seprate Invitations greyed out and no invitations are sent when saving the new event. If I switch my calendar to the local calendar they are not greyed out anymore and invitation are sent to the Attendees when saved.

Why would this not work for the shared calendar?