timezone for a new event when editing events in a tab

timezone for a new event when editing events in a tab

support-calendar mailing list
See this support question:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1175578

When editing a new event in a window, one can bring up the menu bar for
that window, and check the 'Show timezones' option.

When 'Editing events in a tab' is enabled, I can not bring up the menu
bar in the 'New Event' tab.
How would one turn on the 'Show timezones' option then?

Re: timezone for a new event when editing events in a tab

WaltS48-4
On 9/17/17 5:09 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:

> See this support question:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1175578
>
> When editing a new event in a window, one can bring up the menu bar for
> that window, and check the 'Show timezones' option.
>
> When 'Editing events in a tab' is enabled, I can not bring up the menu
> bar in the 'New Event' tab.
> How would one turn on the 'Show timezones' option then?

It appears editing in a tab doesn't display the Events menu bar. Not for
me anyway.

I would file a bug report on that, or there may be one already filed.

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Native Americans should have had a hard line immigration stance

Re: timezone for a new event when editing events in a tab

Stefan Sitter
Christian Riechers wrote:
> See this support question:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1175578
>
> When editing a new event in a window, one can bring up the menu bar for
> that window, and check the 'Show timezones' option.
>
> When 'Editing events in a tab' is enabled, I can not bring up the menu
> bar in the 'New Event' tab.
> How would one turn on the 'Show timezones' option then?

You can right click on the 'New Event' tab toolbar to customize it and
add the Show Timezone button to it.

/Stefan

On 9/18/17 2:14 PM, Stefan Sitter wrote:

> Christian Riechers wrote:
>> See this support question:
>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1175578
>>
>> When editing a new event in a window, one can bring up the menu bar for
>> that window, and check the 'Show timezones' option.
>>
>> When 'Editing events in a tab' is enabled, I can not bring up the menu
>> bar in the 'New Event' tab.
>> How would one turn on the 'Show timezones' option then?
>
> You can right click on the 'New Event' tab toolbar to customize it and
> add the Show Timezone button to it.

Thanks. I'd never have guessed that.

On 9/18/17 2:21 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:

> On 9/18/17 2:14 PM, Stefan Sitter wrote:
>> Christian Riechers wrote:
>>> See this support question:
>>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1175578
>>>
>>> When editing a new event in a window, one can bring up the menu bar for
>>> that window, and check the 'Show timezones' option.
>>>
>>> When 'Editing events in a tab' is enabled, I can not bring up the menu
>>> bar in the 'New Event' tab.
>>> How would one turn on the 'Show timezones' option then?
>>
>> You can right click on the 'New Event' tab toolbar to customize it and
>> add the Show Timezone button to it.
>
> Thanks. I'd never have guessed that.

That makes at least two of us.