using calDAV to access additional Google calendars

using calDAV to access additional Google calendars

gary.curtin
Thunderbird 55.0b2
Lightning 5.7b2

So you can access the main calendar with:
https://apidata.googleusercontent.com/caldav/v2/name@.../events

But what about other calendars that may have been created on that
account, or subscribed to like country specific holidays etc?

Re: using calDAV to access additional Google calendars

Stefan Sitter
Gary C Curtin wrote:
> Thunderbird 55.0b2
> Lightning 5.7b2
>
> So you can access the main calendar with:
> https://apidata.googleusercontent.com/caldav/v2/name@.../events
>
> But what about other calendars that may have been created on that
> account, or subscribed to like country specific holidays etc?

Go to the calendars settings page in Google Calendar. The calendar ID is
shown in the address section. Replace the email address in the URL above
with the calendars ID. I think you can only access calendar where you
have full write access using CalDAV provider. For read-only calendar
like the country specific holiday calendar copy the ICAL link from the
settings page and subscribe to it using the Icalendar provider in Lightning.

/Stefan

Re: using calDAV to access additional Google calendars

gary.curtin
Thank you Stefan. Worked like a charm.

I noticed that as long as the calendar has a calendar ID, it can be
subscribed through CalDAV even if it is read-only. Just have to remember
to set read-only in the calendar properties so that it does not show in
the drop-down of calendars when creating new events.

Gary